2Degrees "merges" with Orcon/Slingshot/Flip
BungleBob
2022-06-02 06:24:24 UTC
2Degrees has basically bought up teh Orcon / Slingshot / Flip companies
and will fade out those other names to eventually just be known as
"2Degrees".

Hopefully it also means they're sacking all those Slingshot employees
with extremely devious and dodgey business practices! Easily the worst
of the main internet companies in New Zealand.
Crash
2022-06-02 08:00:41 UTC
Post by BungleBob
2Degrees has basically bought up teh Orcon / Slingshot / Flip companies
and will fade out those other names to eventually just be known as
"2Degrees".
Hopefully it also means they're sacking all those Slingshot employees
with extremely devious and dodgey business practices! Easily the worst
of the main internet companies in New Zealand.
Vocus has bought 2 degrees, not the other way around. The CEO of the
merged companies is the CEO of Orcon (Vocus). The CEO of 2 degrees is
leaving:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/orcon-group-2degrees-merger-clears-final-hurdle-with-oio-approval/UEDL3JEAWLKAFPFOE3STVHJNXY

Crash McBash
~misfit~
2022-06-02 11:17:22 UTC
Post by Crash
Post by BungleBob
2Degrees has basically bought up teh Orcon / Slingshot / Flip companies
and will fade out those other names to eventually just be known as
"2Degrees".
Hopefully it also means they're sacking all those Slingshot employees
with extremely devious and dodgey business practices! Easily the worst
of the main internet companies in New Zealand.
Vocus has bought 2 degrees, not the other way around. The CEO of the
merged companies is the CEO of Orcon (Vocus). The CEO of 2 degrees is
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/orcon-group-2degrees-merger-clears-final-hurdle-with-oio-approval/UEDL3JEAWLKAFPFOE3STVHJNXY
--
Crash McBash
Thanks for the follow-up and the link. I use 2 Degrees as my cell provider and wasn't aware of this.

(BTW your signature delineator is lacking the space after the second hyphen and so doesn't work.)

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Crash
2022-06-03 00:35:00 UTC
On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 23:17:22 +1200, ~misfit~
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Crash
Post by BungleBob
[...]
Corrected!! It has been this way for decades ;-)
Post by ~misfit~
Cheers,
--
Crash McBash

BungleBob
2022-06-02 20:36:51 UTC
Post by Crash
Post by BungleBob
2Degrees has basically bought up teh Orcon / Slingshot / Flip companies
and will fade out those other names to eventually just be known as
"2Degrees".
Hopefully it also means they're sacking all those Slingshot employees
with extremely devious and dodgey business practices! Easily the worst
of the main internet companies in New Zealand.
Vocus has bought 2 degrees, not the other way around. The CEO of the
merged companies is the CEO of Orcon (Vocus). The CEO of 2 degrees is
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/orcon-group-2degrees-merger-clears-final-hurdle-with-oio-approval/UEDL3JEAWLKAFPFOE3STVHJNXY
According to the longer printed article in yesterday's newspaper:
- the combined company is going to be called "2Degrees",
- Orcon staff are moving to the 2Degrees offices,
- the other brands will be phased out.
Since "2Degrees" will be the only one left, that's why I said
"*basically* bought up".

But whichever way you want to look at it, hopefully the Slingshot scum
get kicked out. That's the only way I'd ever think about dealing with
the company or stop advising my customers to not use them.