Buying books onlines? Ditch MightyApe - use BookDepository.
BungleBob
2021-07-16 06:50:19 UTC
Don't bother using Mighty Ape for books. Not only are they usually more
expensive, but their shipping times for unstocked items is horrendous
(6-8 weeks for them to get it from their "supplier"!). I know Covid is
causing worldwide delivery issues, but I can order the same book from
BookDepository for a cheaper price and it only takes 3 days to get it
from the supplier and a couple of weeks to ship it (for free).

MightyApe would be better off simply ordering the book from
BookDepository and just pocketing the extra costs they already charge.
Gordon
2021-07-23 04:55:59 UTC
Post by BungleBob
Don't bother using Mighty Ape for books. Not only are they usually more
expensive, but their shipping times for unstocked items is horrendous
(6-8 weeks for them to get it from their "supplier"!). I know Covid is
causing worldwide delivery issues, but I can order the same book from
BookDepository for a cheaper price and it only takes 3 days to get it
from the supplier and a couple of weeks to ship it (for free).
MightyApe would be better off simply ordering the book from
BookDepository and just pocketing the extra costs they already charge.
How do you know that they are not doing this?

They probably order the book and then repackage it and send it on. No point
in a book arriving from Mighty Ape with Book Depository all over it eh?
BungleBob
2021-07-23 06:13:58 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by BungleBob
Don't bother using Mighty Ape for books. Not only are they usually more
expensive, but their shipping times for unstocked items is horrendous
(6-8 weeks for them to get it from their "supplier"!). I know Covid is
causing worldwide delivery issues, but I can order the same book from
BookDepository for a cheaper price and it only takes 3 days to get it
from the supplier and a couple of weeks to ship it (for free).
MightyApe would be better off simply ordering the book from
BookDepository and just pocketing the extra costs they already charge.
How do you know that they are not doing this?
They probably order the book and then repackage it and send it on. No point
in a book arriving from Mighty Ape with Book Depository all over it eh?
Because MightyApe takes 6-8 weeks while BookDepository takes about half
that time. If MightyApe did order them from BookDepository, then it
would take only a couple of days longer than BookDepository alone, not
twice as long.
~misfit~
2021-07-23 12:11:52 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by BungleBob
[...]
False logic. MightyApe might have few staff and a backlog.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

BungleBob
2021-07-23 20:26:51 UTC
Post by ~misfit~
Post by BungleBob
Post by Gordon
Post by BungleBob
[...]
That would simply add to the the reasons to avoid using them and go
direct to BookDepository.